Mochabella Nursery

...where beautiful ethnic babies are born















Monday, July 12, 2010

Nursery Notes

Yay!!! She's here. Chicklet just arrived today. However, I'm drained. I am a naughty pescetarian. What's a pescetarian you ask? NO meat, only fish, which wreaks havoc on ones iron levels, which = tired! I take supplements but, I am a horrible pill taker so... the motivation is all mind and little body.

Not to mention Ashton didn't find his mommy so I'm a little un-motivated at the moment. Sometimes the lack of a baby selling makes you question your skill. I am human too.

I have been playing around with my sales avenues and I drew some conclusions.

I have tried ebay with the famous $.99 no reserve. Disastrous. I think when people see your baby go low and can go back and view previously sold auctionS theY develop in their minds a worth for your doll and will not bid above that.

I have tried the "my minimum I'll take starting price" then come the emails asking "will you take less"

I have tried the low start with a reserve that one is a catch 22 because many times you get to the reserve but, no higher because once the reserve is reached people feel oh well that's all she worth since that all artist wanted to make so they rarely bid much higher.
This way can also be annoying cause if you aren't able to watch near the end you can have a bidder be a few dollars off the reserve and have the auction end unsold for being $2 away from reserve. The worst!!!


So my new thought on sales are I am gonna try to venture away from auctions and head towards Buy it nows on ebay, Etsy sales, local craft and doll shows, customs via my site and local advertising and sales on my own site.

So for my poor baby Ashton who is worth every penny a Buy it now listing it is.

2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling Mocha, Ebay is notorious for making you second guess yourself and your skills. Don't let it get you down too much. Think of it as a roller coaster ride, it's definitely an up and down art, just hang on! Ashton is a real cutie! Love his eyes!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Judie. I love his eyes too. Not gonna stress it too much though as I am planning to exhibit at a craft show in Nov so I'll just let him be on ebay then if no sale again well he and any others will join me at my show booth. I'll blog about that show more in months to come once I get "it" together Lmao!

    ReplyDelete